Monday, August 16, 2004

Here we go again!


Archaeologists find John the Baptist's cave - billingsgazette.com


Looks as if the James bone box-kind of discussion is coming in again. Now they claim they've found a John the Baptist baptismal site. I think they'd better find better traces of what's here. The wall murals were done some 400 years after the event, give or take a bit. I think before anyone rushes off to make claims, they need some carbon dating and a few more artifacts. In our Sunday school and church texts he was always shown baptizing in a river. Were we wrong?

3 Comments:

Blogger David Summerlin said...

I'm usually pretty sympathetic to the Gazette's copy editors, who seem like genuinely nice people with good brains. Sometimes I'm just flattened, though, by some of the headlines they concoct.
This one seems to put the Gazette in competition with the likes of the Weekly World News, where we might also read about excavations of alien bones, or explorations of "middle earth" sites where scientists have unearthed the shroud of Gollum, remnants of the Elfen chainmail mithril, or the treasures of Smaug's cave.

1:33 PM  
Blogger mia said...

Wow - you're blog is full of good info. It's getting hard to find blogs with useful content and people talking about tax preparation these days. I have just started my Latest tax preparation news blog and would really appreciate you coming by - thanks again

6:33 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
Please take a journey to my Ambulance Service blog.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here