Friday, September 03, 2004

El Cachorrito Ladrando: Bush's speech: Is he right or centrist?

El Cachorrito Ladrando: Bush's speech: Is he right or centrist?

This is a very good post from someone who listened to the Bush acceptance speech last night. He asks some of the same questions I would be asking, but in a more moderate tone, I suggest. I would add to his questions about why Bush hasn't done some of these things already, a question about the funding. He did get the no-child-left-behind act but then devastated the states, particularly those of us in the west, by not providing funding. Can we expect more federally imposed mandates on the states if these get accomplished? And how many of these will have good names, but uninspiring goals?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched a portion of the speech, and I thought it was more like a 'State of the Union' speech than anything else.

I predict that now we'll see the Kerry campaign self-destruct.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here