Wednesday, June 29, 2005

And I'm Chuck Rightmire and I, too, stand for patriotism and getting out of Iraq

AlterNet: Batten Down the Hatches

I think Molly says it fine here. Many of us who think for ourselves were opposed to the Iraq war for the same reasons. Even out here in Montana it was easy to see there was no reason to invade Iraq. Afghanistan, yes, we had reason but we didn't "stay the course" there; we bailed out to go on an adventure in Iraq. So now Afghanistan is biting us on the ass. The echo makers on the right (and those who were on the left before the Iraq vote was taken) just don't seem to get it.

And if we can't set a timeline to get out of Iraq, let us set specific conditions that must exist in that country when we will consider the job done. As it is, we have just a vague idea of "democracy" which may or may take in a country that is heavily religious and where many people are under the thumb of religious leaders. Democracy is not possible in that type of country.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Rightmire said...

David: I think that's why I said it.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Chuck Rightmire said...

Tell you what, Mark, I've got a bridge is south Billings I'll sell you cheaper because obviously you've bought into a lot of untruths.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here