Saturday, October 29, 2005

Pre-halloween scare

My fingers wrote scarf up there first but I corrected it, although the Tom Brokaw show on NBC last night (I think it was NBC, channel 8 here) almost made me want to throw up. It was about the growth of evangelical religion in this country. Folks, them folks are scare. Coming out of their mouths and the expressions on their faces is some of the scariest talk I've heard about since the thought that only five percent of the citizens of a country could hold it in an iron fist (I don't care if you don't like apples and oranges; I've read some Russian {Soviet} history.) But they convicted themselves out of their own mouths. They spread the word love but limit it, apparently, to those who believe and act as they do. One woman said she had no time to read the paper or watch the television news because she was so busy with the children. But what kind of a world is she going to put them into if she doesn't understand what's going on in the world, or if she gets only a one-sided view from her preacher. Never trust a preacher with a phony smile on his face and a preacher's way of framing his thoughts, I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here