Wednesday, July 12, 2006

on danger

Wow, according to the Dept. of Homeland Security, we Montanans are in serious danger, much more than some of the more populated states. According to a New York Times story, Montana, which ranks low in population has 1,538 possible terrorist targets. They don't name them; too busy citing the sites in Indiana which has the most of any state. But I would guess, the Western Days Parade, the St. Paddy's Day Parade, First Intestate Bank and Wells Fargo Bank buildings are on the list. What else? And to think I was smug enough to think that the only time I faced danger from terrorists was when I flew to California. It only has a bit over 3,000 sites.

CORRECTION: Dyslexia strikes again. I reread the Times article again today and the figure is 1,358. I got the right numbers the other day but in the wrong order. And it does make me feel safter.

1 Comments:

Blogger jcurmudge said...

You forget the Travel Cafe populated by liberals every Wednesday afternoon. At least we can all go out together.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here