Monday, October 19, 2009

on the question of time

It's been a while since I posted here but let me try an idea out. I have been looking at the question of time. Not the mathematical time used by the Einsteins and other mathematical geniuses, but the time used by all the rest of us. My thought is that it doesn't exist. Time, as measured on a clock, is a false image. It is just a measurement of what we see as change and it is not always accurate as to the rate at which change is occuring. Millenia, centuries, decades, years, months and days do not exactly fit to the moments of change. And how long would a light year be if we lived on Mars?

4 Comments:

Blogger jcurmudge said...

And what do you call the "time" you took to post this thought?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Chuck Rightmire said...

Yesterday (which is what we call the change that led up to the changes I'm making now which are also in what we identify as the past).

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ken & Carol said...

As for rate of change I can certainly agree with that being a huge variable. I seem to remember my summers in the 40s that seemed to go on forever, until about August 25th or so. And of course, nowadays the rate of change is becoming increasingly faster. Has anybody looked into this problem?

Oh yah, gravity seems to be increasing in its effect, especially in the transition from bed to walking to the bathroom. I welcome any comments on this matter as well.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those thoughts are shared by everyone as they grow older.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here